TUCSON, ARIZONA – It was an eventful first week of training camp as the Tucson Sugar Skulls get ready for the season opener March 3. Here is a list of upcoming events for fans and media:
- Sunday, Feb 17 Noon to 1:30 p.m. Meet & Greet the Sugar Skulls at Trident Grill III, 250 S. Craycroft Road (just south of Broadway). Open to the public. Take pictures, get autographs, giveaways for the fans.
- Tuesday, Feb 19 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Select-A-Seat at Tucson Arena. The field turf will be down for the first time. Fans can see available seats at the arena and select them for purchase. Season tickets, 10-game vouchers and single-game tickets can be purchased on site. Merchandise also will be available for purchase. Open to the public.
- Thursday, Feb 21 Tucson Rodeo Parade with Tucson Federal Credit Union. Members of the Sugar Dolls Dance Team presented by Trident Grill and Executive Director Mike Feder will walk with the TFCU wagon. The parade will be televised by KOLD beginning at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, Feb 23 Noon to 2 p.m. Season Ticket Holders Party at Sugar Skulls practice at the baseball field just west of Kino Stadium, 2500 E. Ajo Way. Season ticket holders can pick up their tickets and meet the players.
- Wednesday, Feb 27 1 p.m. Media Day and Uniform Reveal.
The Tucson Sugar Skulls are in their first year of operation as an expansion franchise of the Indoor Football League. The team will begin its inaugural season in March with home games at the Tucson Arena.